Friday, June 13, 2008

Help me Lord, I'm just trying for the sun...

My parents owned tons and tons of old records and before they got burned for being an abomination to the Lord (sadly, that's not a joke), I got my hands on Fleetwood Mac. It would be until much later in my life that I truly would come to appreciate their greatness. In particular, Lindsey Buckingham is one of the best guitarists/singers. His last album Under the Skin, which came out I think two years ago, is one of the best accoustic albums that I have ever heard. I still listen to it religiously. One of the bests, "To Try for the Sun," has been my clarion call in this march toward Washington. Here is Buckingham playing it.



And for good sure, I'm adding "Trouble." This song used to play all the time in the Clause newsroom on WOLF FM and could never figure out who it was until I got to Texas and finally figured it out and got the album from Amazon. It's a nice song that brings up fond memories. (Notice the exceptionally tall man playing drums in the front of line. That, of course, is Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac fame.)



Ah, remember when music videos were so bad, they were so good?

No comments: