Monday, July 07, 2008

A statement for Monday

At what point does one decide to slow down and ease in?

I for one have never known when that point comes and goes. It sometimes seems like I have two gears: fast and bloody faster. I celebrate by going faster, I get through crisis by getting faster and I move forward by finding new things to move faster towards.

That, combined with the curse of journalistic adrenaline and a penchant of always thinking the divine shoe is gonna drop, is why I have never felt I could slow down and ease in.

Whatever that means. I suppose that some day, when I'm a grown up and the gray hair is fully intact and the balding is abated and there is that point where I finally hit the point where I either am convicted/convinced/bribed into settling, I'll wake up each day with a sense of ease.

Until then, I'm offering a blanket apology to my current/former/future co-workers, friends, foes, sweethearts, exes and bankers sick of my phone calls. I'm moving fast. There might be a point where I hit a wall and I'll be forced to finally slow down, but do know that I enjoy every moment, every detail and by taking on a philosophy that everything in life is both a means and an end, my slowing down in one area means I'm going faster in another.

Slowly but surely, I am transitioning out of transitioning. I'll figure it out soon enough, I promise. Until then, bear with me, I'm still slightly antsy and visions of sugarplums are dancing in my head...

No comments: