Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Would you like fries with your happy medium?

I have this memory of my mother and I talking about life way back when. I have a penchant for having a bit of a higher high and a lower low than some. Not in the "I need help" sense, but in the "Plunk would have been such a good thespian" sense. Something happened, and I was feeling pretty low about it (probably a her) and my mom was trying to console me. She told me that when I got older, I'll learn to have a happy medium. The highs won't be so high, and the lows won't be so low. Of course, that's when you live on Stability Lane.
Once the youthful angst fades and whenever the decision is made to be a bonafided adult, I think people make a choice to either be "happy" or "medium," but rarely both.

On another quasi-philosophical tangent, if both God and the devil are in the details, who is in the big picture?

OK, I need to go to bed.

No comments: