Thursday, February 14, 2008

the journey on newsprint...

Today was a bit of a milestone for me: I recycled most of my own newspaper clippings.
I still have my portfolio, but all the papers that I have saved for close to four years are now in the recycle bin near the Iacaboni Library.
Just like that. It was a trip going through them once more, remembering what I had done and what I should have done better. That subhead is too big. That front didn't turn out right. Eh, maybe Toni was right about this one page. Just that one.
Included in the pile were all my notes from the Texas Theater project. Lint will know about this, but while in San Angelo, I ended up writing an expansive article on the Texas Theater, the main movie palace in downtown. It was my attempt to try and understand this place I called home for 14 months and maybe my way to try and get Angeloans to know about me.
It was sad to throw the notes away: part of me wanted to keep them, just to always have them. Nevertheless, I have the memories and the experience, plus the final product, so my work was done, as were those notes.
I did promise Glen that I would return to San Angelo once the theater was renovated, if it ever would be. Last time I heard, it's aiming for fall of this year.
I can't wait.

2 comments:

Robert Tracy said...

I'm inspire to unload all of my old stuff. What good is it for? Just decomposing. +1 on returning to Angelo when the Texas is in commission.

Plunk said...

Seriously, all three, almost four years of designing, there's only like 5 pages worth keeping.

That also reminds me that I need to contact somebody over at the S-T to get the scoop on the Texas.