Wednesday, April 16, 2008

On behalf of Charlie Gibson and ABC...

I offer my most sincere apologies for the complete disgrace that just occurred in the Democratic debate. It's not even an issue if Sen. Clinton did better or if Sen. Obama was tired. If anything, it proves that the mainstream media (and this coming from someone who worked in the media) are the ones that are truly elitist. Not well-educated elitist, but the "I don't give a rat's ass about the common folks so I'm going to assume they care about issues that were dead a month ago and talk about capital gains taxes in a faux-outrage voice because it would only affect me and the less than 15% of Americans that make more than $97,000 a year, which is what the tax gap is now and Sen. Obama rightly wants to raise because we need new revenue to shore up Social Security and pay down the debt because of this lame-ass war that ABC/NBC/CBS didn't do their job covering because they are only focused with media consolidation and trying to conquer the online terrain, not understanding that it is content that dictates everything, not cheesy headlines, but I'm not paying attention to what's really happening because I'm still in New York pretending to be a journalist but co-hosting debates for the wife of the former President of whom I ran his first Presidential campaign and was a senior advisor and have no business doing a debate with because it's the first rule to be upfront with disclosures, but since I'm not a real journalist, I don't have to sign the pledge from the Society of Professional Journalists, but hey, I'm just happy that there are two decent candidates and they're willing to let all the states vote because it means I can have cheesy boxing music before hand and say 'Obama v. Clinton' as if this is sports, which is isn't because there's TOO MUCH AT STAKE, but I don't care because I've been phoning it in for quite a long time because no one watches the Evening News because they either work 10 hour jobs because of stagnant wages, or they get news elsewhere I nor my colleagues really aren't trustworthy and really aren't presenting the news in a credible fashion and that we're really just pissing on Murrow's grave but that's OK because no one from Pennsylvania knows who Murrow is but thanks to us, they know about the Weather Underground, yet while knowing this, they just lost their job and have no benefits" elite.

PLEASE, no more political debates with MSM types. How about a debate with Talking Points Memo or Columbia Journalism Review? Like a real substantial issues debate. Wow, what a concept!

No comments: