Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Post-election nonsense

Linterella and I make a point not to talk specifically about politics on this blog because that is not the purpose.
Regardless of how you (the reader) voted, I think we have seen a great victory for our political process. And that is especially true in terms of M.A.Y.A.S.
Young people had the highest turnout in the past 20 years. It's also worth noting that nearly half of those that voted who are under the age of 30 are for troop withdrawl in Iraq. Of course, that means that almost half either aren't or whatever.
Anyways, here's the link:
  • young person turnout


  • In other related political stuff, thanks to whoever found the article on the abstinence program for twentysomethings. Here is the link if anyone didn't see it in the comments and is interested:
  • abstinence


  • Again, I don't want to go into political arguments and such, but I do want to ask this: Is this program necessary? I can understand some sort of pregnancy prevention for teenagers and those who are not in a position to support a child (or themselves). However, in a general sense, I would think someone in their 20s should have the comprehension of sex, pregnancy and responsibility. I understand there are extreme examples, but on the whole, if one doesn't understand sex (or had some sort of a sexual experience) by this point is beyond the purview of the government.

    Plus, I really don't think the government should take a stance of sexual development...but that's politics.

    No comments: