Sunday, October 01, 2006

Kissing off the King's Men...

This was an actual dialogue on Friday night.
I am at the movie theater, deciding between The Last Kiss and All the King's Men. I am Yours Truly (Y.U) and the box office dude (B.O.D.)

Y.U: So, what movie should I see tonight?
B.O.D.: What do you want to see?
Y.U.: I can't decide between the Last Kiss and All the King's Men. What do you think?
B.O.D.: Well, at this point of my life, I'm not in the right psychiatric state of mind for a relationship movie.
Y.U.: I hear ya, dude.
B.O.D.: Yeah, my girlfriend wanted me to see it, but now, she's no longer my girlfriend, so that's a no.
(A brief, yet profoundly awkward pause)
Y.U.: Yeah, girls suck.
(Another pause).
B.O.D.: Plus, I hear the overall message is nice, but a bit unrealistic.
Y.U.: OK, OK...I'll go for All the King's Men then.
B.O.D.: That'll be 8 bucks.
(As the exchange is being finalized, we both seem introspective and thoughtful).
Y.U.: Dude, chicks suck.
B.O.D.: No kidding.

By the way, All the Kings Men is OK, but if could have been a little more focused. Strangely, the message of All the King's Men was "chicks suck." also.
Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But The Last Kiss was pretty good.

And there is a lot of hot sex in there, so you should totally see it.

Plunk said...

Are you serious? I'm so going to kick that B.O.D.'s ass!