Saturday, October 14, 2006

A world of possibility on Aisle 4...

I am in a grocery store.

I can tell you with near certainty that this is the correct store. I have complete confidence that it has everything I need.

I also find myself in the right section of the store. I'm in no need for frozen salmon, nor am I out of toilet paper. Whatever I need, it contains some sort of a dairy product.

As I peruse the section, I make a startling realization about what I am looking for: I am in the wrong aisle. I keep looking, searching, gawking, begging for what I am looking for to be in this aisle.

But alas, it is not here. For this reason, I feel frustration beyond belief. How can I be so close, yet so far away? How come the signs mention everything that is soap and soup, but yet not provide the "God's will in neon lights" that I'm looking for?

Even more simplistic, if I am in the wrong aisle, how the hell do I get to the right aisle? Time? Positive thinking? A new suit?

No comments: